Join Terri Urban as she seeks to lose up to 40 pounds and build houses for homeless families in Haiti. Will you sponsor me at $1 a pound? Every dollar goes to Heartline Ministries in Haiti.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

I Am Charging My Children

I have instituted a new policy in the Urban household. From now on, any question that begins with,"MOM, where's my _________" (fill in the blank: backpack, glasses, homework, brain) will earn a fine of $1.00 for the Pound4Pound home-building challenge.

This should be a great fundraiser! In addition, any trip by me to the school with forgotten homework, lunches, gym clothes, etc. will earn a $5 fine in addition to the already required one hour of housework. Yep, the money should be rollin' in real soon.

Get your wallets ready. I'm eight pounds down since August first. When I hit 10 pounds, it will be time for folks to donate.

And speaking of children, my friend and the business manager of Springs Community Church, Ross Harrop, is so far my top sponsor at $5 a pound. I aim to make Ross cry like a little girl in his very thin wallet. For any of you that know Ross, you know talking smack is his greatest joy in life--and pretty much his only skill. Ross is actually a 13-year-old boy disguised in the body of a 50-something year old man. Ross, you are going to be very, very poor soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment