Join Terri Urban as she seeks to lose up to 40 pounds and build houses for homeless families in Haiti. Will you sponsor me at $1 a pound? Every dollar goes to Heartline Ministries in Haiti.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Memo to Hurricane Tomas: GO AWAY!

With less than five days to go before I leave for Haiti, yet another new wrinkle has appeared. Hurricane Tomas is looking at the moment like it will hit Haiti on Thursday. I am scheduled to leave for Haiti on Friday afternoon.

With over a million people living in tent camps, I can not even imagine the devastation if a hurricane hits Haiti. There is literally nowhere safe to put the people who are living in the tent cities to get them out of the storm. Please join me in praying that hurricane Tomas weakens and changes course to miss Haiti.

At the Urban house, we've received some bad family news I am not at liberty to share, at least not now and not over the internet. Let me say only that the forces of darkness apparently want me to be anxious and afraid. Please pray with me that I stay grounded on the word of God and in the calm that God alone holds my fate and my family's future in his hands. We stand on God's promises and trust him.

Lord, we know you have the power to control the wind and the waves. We humbly intercede right now for the people of Haiti. Spare the people the destruction of a hurricane, we ask in the name of Jesus. Turn Tomas in a direction where it will not cause loss of life. We pray against the spread of cholera. We pray against the tide of hopelessness. We ask for solutions to the many problems of the land, especially the issue of housing for the people. Lord we place our hope in you and ask you Lord God to protect the innocent. Lord, we ask you to save us from despair and put our hope entirely in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment