Join Terri Urban as she seeks to lose up to 40 pounds and build houses for homeless families in Haiti. Will you sponsor me at $1 a pound? Every dollar goes to Heartline Ministries in Haiti.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Big Diet Reveal

OK, three months of dieting. Drum roll please....I've lost 17 pounds.

I was hoping for more weight loss, but a little more than 5 pounds a month is pretty good. It's the best I could do without a personal trainer, nanny or chef. I feel I gave a good, honest effort and got some decent results.

If you are sponsoring me on a per pound basis, it's time to pay up. I'm continuing to diet and exercise, so those of you who feel inclined could maybe spot me three pounds and call it an even 20 pounds. I have a feeling I will be working quite hard physically in Haiti and will probably lose some weight there.

You can pay thorough the Chip-In Meter on the far right side of the page, if you have a Paypal account. If you would like to send a check directly to the ministry, please make the check out to Heartline Ministries and send it to:

Heartline Ministries
Attn. Pound4pound Housing Fund
P.O. Box 898
Sunnyside WA 98944

Heartline Ministries is a 501-C3 non-profit organization and you will receive a receipt for your donation that you can use for income tax purposes. It is very important that you write the Pound4pound Housing Fund on the envelope so that the bookkeeper knows to put it in the account specifically earmarked for building houses.

Of course, if you know me and see me in the regular course of a week, you can make the check out to Heartline Ministries and hand it to me and I will mail it in for you. But it might be quicker to just mail it in and be done with it. I need to get everything to the bookkeeper by November 1st!

I would really like to go to Haiti with an idea of how many houses we can build there as a result of all of us working together for homeless families in Haiti. $2500 builds 2 houses. I say let's build at least four houses for homeless families in Haiti.

Please don't delay if you have a pledge to send in. I leave for Haiti in eight days. P.S. We have at least $200 more than we did yesterday! We're at $1,515 raised or 30% of goal. It's time to really make those graphs move. Please help.

No comments:

Post a Comment