Join Terri Urban as she seeks to lose up to 40 pounds and build houses for homeless families in Haiti. Will you sponsor me at $1 a pound? Every dollar goes to Heartline Ministries in Haiti.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Good News: A Quickie

Got some good news this weekend--we've raised more money than the Chip In Meter actually shows.

The Chip In Meter is connected to the Paypal account set up for the Pound4pound challenge. There is, unfortunately, no way to make it reflect the money that has been sent in to Heartline via check. So, there is actually about $200 in the fund that isn't recorded on the Chip-In graph.

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed in the total so far. It's turned out to be much harder to get people to READ this blog than I realized, let alone contribute some bucks.

I'm getting nervous because there are less than 5 weeks left before this fund raising effort ends and I leave for Haiti. I hope you all will stick with me as I travel to Haiti and blog from there. I know people are short of both time and money in this difficult economy. However, I can't control how people choose to spend their time or money: I can only control what I do. I'm continuing to diet, exercise an hour a day and my clothes are getting a lot looser. The weight loss is just slower than I would like it to be. I must learn to trust God to do the rest.

In the meantime, I need to root around in my closet and find a smaller pair of exercise shorts--my old ones are getting waaaay too loose. I don't want to lose them in the middle of aerobics class. (And now, you're saying "Thanks Terri, for that attractive mental picture.")

If you've been thinking about sending in a contribution and just haven't gotten around to it, please do it today. Thanks for stickin' with me and supporting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment